2014-03-28 21:41:12
I've tried to compile an old file which requires a subroutine from old
version of sac (reach,getfil,kidate) and I do not know how can I introduce
them to my current running sac on my machine (Version 101.6a). Would be
very appreciated if anybody could help on that issue

• George Helffrich
    2014-03-29 17:32:47
    Dear runtwo <rruntwo<at>gmail.com> -

Those routines are all internal SAC routines and don't necessarily exist in present versions of SAC. Historically, however, the routines did this:

1) reach -- mystery, but here's a guess: read a character string from standard input;

2) getfil -- returned memory offset to trace data in memory for a SAC file read by SAC's READ command;

3) kidate -- converts (year, day number in year [1-366]) to (month, day).

The only use of (2) is in code that implemented a loadable command. SAC no longer supports this functionality -- it never was documented, and drove a truck through any design idea of a user-callable API to SAC.

You can replace (3) with code from any source, (1) from other input routines provided by your compiler (if my guess is right), but forget about (2). Some serious rewriting using rsac1 (and allied routines) and wsac0 (and allies) looms in your future if you plan on reviving this code.

On 28 Mar 2014, at 18:41, runtwo wrote:

I've tried to compile an old file which requires a subroutine from old version of sac (reach,getfil,kidate) and I do not know how can I introduce them to my current running sac on my machine (Version 101.6a). Would be very appreciated if anybody could help on that issue

George Helffrich
    george.helffrich<at>bris.ac.uk

22:02:50 v.01697673