[iris-bulk] Introduction to Selected IRIS DMC Data Access Tools (Reminder)

IRIS irismail at iris.washington.edu
Mon Feb 5 13:26:05 PST 2007

Introduction to Selected IRIS DMC Data Access Tools

Monterey, California    March 27, 2007

Staff from the IRIS DMC will present a 4-hour workshop titled
Introduction to Selected IRIS DMC Data Access Tools during the first
day of the EarthScope National Meeting on March 27, 2007.

Scope

This workshop will be a tutorial on some new IRIS DMC concepts such as
IRIS Metadata Aggregator (MDA), Virtual Networks, Google Map,  and
Google Earth.

Information about the Searchable Product Archive and Discovery Engine
(SPADE) will also be presented.

The workshop will provide hands-on instruction for three DMC data
access tools:
JWEED, VASE and SPADE.

Participation
In order to keep the workshop efficient, we will only admit 25
participants. As we expect a wide interest, the organizers will make
a selection of the applicants from the preliminary registrations.

Participants are required to bring their own laptop computers.

Financial support
There will be no registration fee.  IRIS will pay for one night of
lodging and for 2 meals.

Dates and Venue
The workshop will be held on March 27, 2007 at the Portola Plaza
Hotel in Monterey, California.

Registration
There is still space available, but February 23rd is the final day to
register for the DMC workshop.

For on-line registration and workshop information visit:

http://www.iris.edu/workshops/2007/data_access/