[iris-bulk] Berkeley Seismo Lab: Regional seismic imaging postdoc position

Richard Allen rallen at berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 8 09:31:37 PDT 2007

Post-Doctoral Researcher Position (Regional Seismic Imaging)
Berkeley Seismological Laboratory

The Berkeley Seismological Laboratory (BSL) seeks applicants
for a full-time post-doctoral research seismologist
position, available now, until filled. Ph.D. in
Geophysics/Seismology required. We are seeking a scientist
with research interests in regional earth structure and
dynamics. We are particularly interested in candidates with
experience working within one or more of the following
areas: tomographic inversion, receiver function analysis,
anisotropic structure, tremor and creep.  The position may
also involve participation in ongoing seismic deployments.
Annual salary ($40,000 to $43,000), depending on experience.
This position is initially for one year, with the
possibility of extension for a second year depending on
progress and the availability of funding. Applicants should
submit a personal statement describing research experience
and interests, a curriculum vitae, and the names and
addresses of three references, preferably before September
30th, 2007, to:

Prof. Richard Allen,
Berkeley Seismological Laboratory,
University of California,
207 McCone Hall,
Berkeley, CA 94720-4760.

Electronic submissions should be directed to:
rallen at berkeley.edu

The University of California is an equal opportunity,
affirmative action employer.

For information about open positions at UC Berkeley, please
see
http://www.berkeley.edu/working/index.html#employment.