[iris-bulk] abstract request for AGU Joint Assembly

mruiz at email.unc.edu mruiz at email.unc.edu
Wed Mar 3 21:38:34 PST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting your manuscript to the following session on
volcano monitoring to be held at the 2010 Assembly in Iguassu Falls,
Brazil from August 8 to 13, 2010. The abstract deadline for electronic
submission is March 31, 2010.

NH02: Advances in Volcano Monitoring in Latin America
Sponsor: Natural Hazards
seismometers, infrasonic sensors, GPS, gravimeters, and spectrometers
have been implemented at volcanoes in Latin America in the last
decades. These high-quality data combined with developments in analysis
and modeling techniques have improved our abilities to monitor and
understand precursory and eruptive phenomena. We especially encourage
those contributions that address the following topics: (1) Application
of new techniques to improve volcano monitoring, (2) Observational
constraints on eruption processes, and (3) Physical modeling of
eruptions and related phenomena.

Submission information can be found at: http://agu-ja10.abstractcentral.com/

Conveners: Mario Calixto Ruiz and Hiroyuki Kumagai

mruiz at igepn.edu.ec