[iris-bulk] S04: Continental Structure 100 Years after Mohorovicic

IRIS irismail at iris.washington.edu
Thu Mar 25 08:08:53 PDT 2010

Dear friends and colleagues:

We would like to invite you to contribute to our session

S04: Continental Crustal and Lithospheric Structure 100 Years After
Mohorovicic

The Meeting of the Americas
August 8-13, 2010
Foz do Iguaçu,
Brasil.

The structure of the continental crust and lithospheric upper mantle
preserve essential clues about the evolution of the Earth.
Interpreting those clues requires ever increasing resolution of
structural details as derived from seismic and non-seismic geophysical
data. This session focuses on recent geophysical investigations into
the deep structure of the continental crust and lithopheric mantle in
all tectonic environments, including Precambrian cratons, margins,
rifts, and orogens. Emphasis is placed on new insights into the
processes that have formed and modified the continental crust and
lithospheric mantle.

We hope that you will join us to celebrate this anniversary with
stimulating presentations and lively debate on current issues of
lithospheric structure and evolution

Please note that the ABSTRACT DEADLINE IS 23:59 Eastern Daylight Time
on MARCH 31 .

Links to relevant sites are below, please contact us should you have
any questions, and apologies for any cross-postings.

Meeting web site: http://www.agu.org/meetings/ja10/

Abstract submission:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/ja10/program/abstract_submissions.php

Session description:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/ja10/program/scientific_session_search.php?show=detail&sessid=177

Sponsor: Seismology
CoSponsor: Geodesy
Tectonophysics

Best regards,
Walter D Mooney
US Geological Survey
(650) 329-4764
mooney at usgs.gov

Larry D Brown
Cornell University, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
(607) 255-6346
ldb7 at cornell.edu