[iris-rtfeeds] IRIS real time data feeds recovery: followup

Robert Casey rob at iris.washington.edu
Mon Oct 3 10:01:05 PDT 2011

	Some time after 1 PM PDT on Friday, September 30th, one of our key
filesystem heads shut down and the fallback recovery mechanism did not
function as expected.  As result, the IRIS data feeds were down for
about 3 hours as the administrators worked on recovery from this
failure.  At 4 PM PDT same day, real time data service was restored.

	We are still experiencing outages with some services as of this
morning, but real time data feeds are reported to be operational.  We
hope that the additional work taking place does not cause an
interruption to the outbound feed services, but there is a possibility
of another outage if a major system restart is necessary.

	We will attempt to keep you informed on this list as information
comes in.

	-Rob

Begin forwarded message: