[OBSIPtec] OBSIP at the 2015 AGU Fall Meeting

Kasey Aderhold kasey at iris.edu
Sun Dec 13 17:38:02 PST 2015

OBSIPtec Subscribers,

In order to highlight the OBSIP related research presented at the 2015
AGU Fall Meeting this week, I have put together a list of talks,
posters, and meetings for easy reference. These are included in the
attached document. Clicking the titles will link you to the full
abstracts on the AGU website where you can add them to your online
schedule. If your abstract was inadvertently left off this list, please
send me a message and I will amend the schedule.

I would also like to remind everyone about the International OBS Special
Interest Group Meeting, which has a few new additions to the
presentation line-up:

    The NSF-sponsored Ocean Bottom Seismograph Instrument Pool would
    like to invite all ocean bottom seismometer operators and interested
    parties to attend an informal networking opportunity Tuesday from
    4-5:30 pm at the 2015 AGU Fall Meeting.  This special interest group
    meeting is open to all OBS operators and users from around the globe
    to discuss technology and instrumentation, recent experiments,
    exchange ideas on instrument pool and data management, and further
    develop international collaborations.

    Presentations will include:

        *Yann Hello*, Géoazur - /Multipurpose Géophysics Sensor (MUGS) OBS/
        *Hitoshi Kawakatsu*, University of Tokyo - /Pacific Array
        (Transportable Broadband Ocean Floor Array)/
        *Arne Schwenk*, K.U.M. Umwelt- und Meerestechnik Kiel - /The
        Next Generation LOBSTER/
        *Mei Xue*, Tongji University - /South China Sea OBS Project/
        *Hajime Shiobara*, University of Tokyo - /Autonomous BBOBS-NX
        Testing/
        *Brent Evers*, IRIS OBSIP - /Ocean Bottom Seismograph Instrument
        Pool/
        *Wayne Crawford*, Institut De Physique De Globe De Paris -
        /Harmonizing European (and other) OBS Facilities/
        *Subbarao Yelisetti* - Texas A&M University-Kingsville - OBS
        Mirror Imaging
        *Stephen Hicks*, Güralp - Güralp OBS: A New Generation of
        Seafloor Seismic Instrumentation

    Attendance is open, and a computer and projector will be available
    if you would like to share a couple of slides. Possible topics
    include OBS related activities such as recent or future experiments,
    technical advances, instrumentation specifications, or summaries of
    OBS operations. We particularly encourage all institutions that
    operate OBS instruments to provide a brief overview of your
    instruments and activities.

    Please contact Kasey Aderhold at kasey at iris.edu
    <mailto:kasey at iris.edu> if you have questions or if you would like
    to provide slides to present at the meeting. Feel free to distribute
    this invitation to others who may be interested in attending.

    International Ocean Bottom Seismometer Special Interest Group Meeting
    2015 AGU Fall Meeting - San Francisco, California
    December 15 (Tuesday), 4-5:30pm
    Hotel Zelos - MOMA Room (9th Floor)
    12 4th St, San Francisco, CA

I will be at the IRIS Booth (#223) in the Exhibit Hall on Tuesday from
9-11am and Wednesday from 11-1pm, and Brent Evers will be there on
Wednesday from 1-3pm if you would like to stop by and chat. Wishing you
a fun and productive meeting!

Cheers,
Kasey

--
Kasey Aderhold
Project Associate | IRIS OBSIP Management Office
202-682-2220 x163 | kasey at iris.edu