[OBSIPtec] International OBS SIG at AGU - Presentations Posted

Kasey Aderhold kasey at iris.edu
Sun Jan 3 16:42:45 PST 2016

Thank you to everyone who attended and presented at the International
OBS Special Interest Group meeting at the 2015 AGU Fall Meeting.  We
were pleased with the significant interest in this meeting, generated by
the diverse talks given by our eleven speakers. The slides from these
talks are now available on the OBSIP website
<http://www.obsip.org/news/news_item/presentations-posted-for-international-obs-meeting-at-agu>:

    *Brent Evers* IRIS OBSIP – Ocean Bottom Seismograph Instrument Pool

    *Wayne Crawford* Institut De Physique De Globe De Paris –
    Harmonizing European (and other) OBS Facilities

    *Hajime Shiobara* University of Tokyo – Autonomous BBOBS-NX Testing

    *Mei Xu**e* Tongji University – South China Sea OBS Project

    *Arne Schwenk* K.U.M. Umwelt- und Meerestechnik Kiel – The Next
    Generation LOBSTER

    *Yann Hello* Géoazur – Multipurpose Géophysics Sensor (MUGS) OBS

    *Hitoshi Kawakatsu* University of Tokyo – Pacific Array
    (Transportable Broadband Ocean Floor Array)

    *Subbarao Yelisetti* Texas A&M University-Kingsville – OBS Mirror
    Imaging

    *Shuichi Kodaira* JAMSTEC – JAMSTEC OBS

    *John Orcutt* Scripps Institute of Oceanography – Glider-Based OBS
    Telemetry

    *Stephen Hicks* Güralp – Güralp OBS: A New Generation of Seafloor
    Seismic Instrumentation

    (Not Present) *Dmitry Ilinskiy* GNS - Ocean Bottom Seismographs GNS
    for Active and Passive Seismic Observation for the Depth Range from
    0 to 7000 Meters

We hope you were able to make new connections at this event and learn
more about the recent developments that have been made in OBS technology
around the world. If you have suggestions for future meetings or other
collaborations that OBSIP could help facilitate, please contact me or
Brent Evers at evers at iris.edu.

Cheers,
Kasey

--
Kasey Aderhold
Project Associate | IRIS OBSIP Management Office
202-682-2220 x163 | kasey at iris.edu