[OBSIPtec] New subscriber list member making initial inquiry

Ken_Dorothy Grimm k_grimm at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 13:46:26 PST 2016

All-

I am an employee of the US Defense Threat Reduction Agency at Ft Belvoir,
and work in the explosion monitoring technology group.  We are planning a
series of underwater seismometer experiments in various fresh water and salt
water sitings.   I am trying to search the literature to learn how well an
ocean bottom seismometer can be anchored, and wish to read technical reports
which document OBS seismometer waveform comparison to topside
(terrestrially-based) waveforms against the same seismic source.  We will be
using explosive sources during our experiments, but there is little
confidence right now among test planners that bottom anchored seismometers
can in fact be anchored in bedrock locations where seismic waveforms can be
expected to reproduce terrestrially measured waveforms.  Can anyone refer me
to such technical literature describing such waveform comparisons?

Ken Grimm