[sac-dev] Bugs found

Kuang He icrazy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 23:22:34 PDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 2:06 AM, Kuang He <icrazy at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> Bug 2: Putting a space after the comma in something like "&1,DIST"
> will _sometimes_ cause SAC to suddenly abort, with a message from
> glibc indicating possible double free. Below is an example of a case
> where this problem does not show up and another case where the problem
> does show up.
>
> $ sac
> SAC> r vel.sac
> SAC> evaluate to dist &1,dist
> SAC> evaluate to dist &1, dist
>  ERROR interpreting command:  evaluate to dist '           dist
>  ILLEGAL OPTION:
>
> $ sac
> SAC> r vel.sac
> SAC> evaluate to dist1 &1,dist
> SAC> message %dist1
>  2.84897$
> SAC> evaluate to dist1 &1, dist
> *** glibc detected *** /usr/local/sac/bin/sac: double free or
> corruption (!prev): 0x0843f020 ***
> ======= Backtrace: =========
> /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6[0xb7c9ba85]
> [...]

I googled on this error message, and someone suggested using

$ export MALLOC_CHECK_=0

before running SAC. The above environment variable setting will ask
glibc to ignore the multi free() to particular memory, which seemed to
have solved the problem for now, but still, it is possible that this
problem is due to a coding error.

Best regards,

--
Kuang He