[SAC-HELP] loading external modules for Mac version

Shang-Lin Chen schen at gps.caltech.edu
Thu Nov 10 17:19:50 PST 2005

Brian,

I tried your suggestion of including the path in SACSOLIST:
  export SACSOLIST=/Users/vikki/sac/sac/aux/external/libstp.so
but when I typed 'load stp' at the SAC2000 prompt I still got the
"External command does not exist" error.

The versions of our Linux and Solaris modules that are on the web were
compiled a long time ago by someone else, most likely using version
00.57. I should probably upgrade SAC and recompile them, though the
Linux version, at least, still works with the newest version of SAC.

Thanks,
Shang-Lin