[SAC-HELP] run SAC on Mac OSX 10.4.6

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Thu Apr 27 11:27:18 PDT 2006

I have read the other two replies, and have comments on both.

1.  If you are using an Intel machine, the programs will not run because
they were built using the opposite endian.  If a sac developer has an
Intel machine, new binaries could probably be made, but when that binary
was prepared, the Intel mac did not exist.

2. I suggest getting the sac version 100.1, that should have a date later
than 1 June in its file name as the history file has comments from July
26, 2005.  I should hope the version at IRIS is the version as of July,
not June.

3.  Look at the README file in the ~/sac directory for information about
setting up the environmental variables (or whatever they are called in
bash) to point to the correct directory for sac/aux.

Arthur Snoke