[SAC-HELP] sacio.a for intel mac

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Fri Aug 18 12:35:13 PDT 2006

IRIS is running some tests on building/running sac on an intel machine, as
the normal testers do not have access to one.

A couple of questions:

1. The sac distribution you cite indicates that it is the original binary
code for sac 100.0.  That was not built on an intel mac, so I am surprised
you could get it to run.  Please clarify exactly what sac binary you are
running and what platform.

2.  As I think we have commented to the list before (see archives),
meshing Fortran and gcc is not simple.  What version of Fortran are you
running?  The binary with a name like the one you cite was built using gcc
3.  With non-intel macs, the default on 10.4 is gcc 4.0 or 4.0.1.  These
are not compatible with g77 built in conjunction with gcc 3.  Please
clarify the compilers you are using.

Arthur Snoke