[SAC-HELP] Plot command (Graphics Display problems..!!)

Talal Merghelani talalmg1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 3 23:02:20 PST 2006

Hi their

  i was trying to use plot command to plot sac file for picking. but, actually, i don't know what is going on. when i tried the plot command it seems work for me fine. but, later on its won't work good with error message.

  and same message appear all the time when i use various plot command like Plot1, plot2....and Plotpk...!! its never plot anything with error message...!!

  terminal log file:
  SAC> r two*.sac
twoCHB003EW.sac twoCHB003NS.sac twoCHB003UD.sac twoCHB012EW.sac twoCHB012NS.sac twoCHB012UD.sac
SAC> p twoCHB003EW.sac twoCHB003NS.sac twoCHB003UD.sac
 ERROR interpreting command:  p '
 ILLEGAL OPTION:                ^
Waiting
Waiting
Waiting
Waiting
Waiting
SAC> p1 twoCHB003EW.sac twoCHB003NS.sac twoCHB003UD.sac
 ERROR interpreting command:  p1 '
 ILLEGAL OPTION:                 ^
SAC> p2 twoCHB003EW.sac twoCHB003NS.sac twoCHB003UD.sac
 ERROR interpreting command:  p2 '
 ILLEGAL OPTION:                 ^
SAC> plotpk twoCHB003EW.sac twoCHB003NS.sac twoCHB003UD.sac
 ERROR interpreting command:  plotpk '
 ILLEGAL OPTION:                     ^
SAC> plotpk twoCHB003EW.sac
 ERROR interpreting command:  plotpk '           ^
 ILLEGAL OPTION:                     ^
  SAC> r twoCHB003EW.sac
SAC> p twoCHB003EW.sac
 ERROR interpreting command:  p '
 ILLEGAL OPTION:                ^
SAC> bg df
X connection to melon.sci.ibaraki.ac.jp:0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

  SAC> r twoCHB003EW.sac
SAC> p twoCHB003EW.sac
 ERROR interpreting command:  p '
 ILLEGAL OPTION:                ^
SAC> p twoCHB003EW.sac
 ERROR interpreting command:  p '
 ILLEGAL OPTION:                ^
XIO:  fatal IO error 131 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "melon.sci.ibaraki.ac.jp:0.0"
      after 48 requests (45 known processed) with 4 events remaining.

  i don't understand why is that...? may you are going to say you have to add some line at your config file .cshrc. and actually, i already did before..as follow:

  setenv SACAUX /export/home/share/sac/aux
setenv SACGRAPHICS xwindows
setenv DISPLAY melon.sci.ibaraki.ac.jp:0.0

  i'm working from my current PC running XP pro. and contacting Unix by ASTEX virtual software. so, i can display Unix terminal and work with Sac at my PC.

  this is make me crazy...!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS...?

  waiting for help

  regards
  Talal