[SAC-HELP] Macro 'run' command

jcalkins at geo.arizona.edu jcalkins at geo.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 7 10:32:07 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to get a macro to kick off a shell script using the 'run...
endrun' commands and not having any luck.  Here's the test macro:
  RUN ./test_script
  ENDRUN
and the shell script:
  #!/bin/csh
  echo in test script   echo "in test script" >> test.out
When I run the macro either from within sac (i.e. SAC> macro
test_macro) or from the shell prompt (i.e. >sac test_macro), I get this
error:
  sh: RUN: not found
  sh: ENDRUN: not found
and no output to the test.out file.  Test commands inserted into the
macro (e.g. read, setbb, plot, etc.) work fine.  I'm running SAC
version 00.59.46 on SunOS 5.8

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh