[SAC-HELP] Sax transfer: problem with none

Brian Savage savage13 at dtm.ciw.edu
Tue Mar 21 08:45:12 PST 2006

Only when using the EVALRESP option is the displacement assumed to be
nanometers (1e9).  If you are using any other instrument type (polezero,
none, fapfile, ...) it uses to what the instrument response specifies.

None is actually a default and if an instrument response is not
specified in the "from" to "to" it will use "none".  None is a array
with values of (1.0 +0.0i) in frequency-amplitude space or a constant
amplitude with no phase shift.

As I recall, doing a
SAC> transfer from polezero sub polezero_file to none freq f1 f2 f3 f4
where polezero_file is created by rdseed, the units are meters.  The
scale is determined by the CONSTANT in this case and the units
(displcaement, velocity, ..) are determined by the number of zeros in
the polezero description.

Cheers,
Brian