[SAC-HELP] Re: Instrument Response BUG

Brian Savage savage13 at dtm.ciw.edu
Tue Mar 21 15:00:00 PST 2006

There is a bug concerning the parsing of files with carriage returns
'\r' embedded.  The bug was found due to the message exchange below.
This bug is only currently known to appear while reading polezero files,
but probably will surface for other situations as well.  If you
experience an output of a command such as:
SAC> command
 ERROR    1:

you have probably encountered this bug. Note, the error of 1 is not
defined within SAC.

A quick workaround is to run the files through a program like dos2unix
to change the string '\r\n' to '\n'.

This bug does not effect the behavior of read alpha or write alpha.

This has been noted as a bug and should be fixed in an upcoming release.

Cheers,
Brian