[SAC-HELP] Fwd: Retrieving, setting and writing SAC blackboard variables in Fortran

Fiona Darbyshire f.darbyshire at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 06:21:25 PST 2006

I'm having trouble with a Fortran program that I inherited, that reads in
information from a text file, makes some calculations, and writes the
results into an existing SAC blackboard file.

The program appears to compile okay (though I have to use the -m32 option in
the makefile as I've recently moved to a 64-bit Linux platform). When I try
to run it, however, it seems to be successful in reading the blackboard
file, but crashes with a "Segmentation Fault" as soon as it gets to the
first "setbbv" command. I've tried writing a short test program or two with
blackboard variables in Fortran - seems that it's okay on subroutines such
as "readbbf" and "getbbv", but always gives a segmentation fault whenever I
write anything that includes a "setbbv".

I tried looking at the example on the SAC2000 user manual, but am none the
wiser. Also having trouble understanding how the getbbv subroutine retrieves
the blackboard variables - no segmentation faults, but I've yet to get a
meaningful answer when I try to use it on an existing BBFILE.

Fiona Darbyshire.