[SAC-HELP] skipping null y-values in a time plot of ascii data

Peggy peggy at iris.washington.edu
Fri Nov 10 13:12:46 PST 2006

I am plotting XY data in a text (ascii) file usinig readtable (readtable content Y).

The x-value is time (julian day).  I want to plot nothing if there is no value (ie, a blank line) for a particular day, but it seems readtable will just skip this and scoot all the values down, so that a gap of 20 days does not show up in the plot.

I've tried setting a dummy value of -99 (e.g.) instead of having a blank value.  Is there any way to get SAC to skip a specified dummy value and plot nothing for it?  I want to see the gap in time, even if there is no value during that time period.

Thanks,

Peg

Peg Johnson, USArray Data Control Analyst
IRIS DMC	1408 NE 45th Street, Suite 201	 Seattle, WA  98105
Tel. 206.547.0393 	Fax. 206.547.1093