[SAC-HELP] Re: sac-help Digest, Vol 16, Issue 2

andreas wessel awbochum at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 18:00:50 PST 2006

Hi Januka,

I am using a similar syntax to read in files with a macro and it works fine.
r $1$.e $2$.n $3$.z
You have to be in the folder where the data files are located. Then run the
macro and pass the arguments:
SAC> m test.m lhut lhut lhut

This would read lhut.e lhut.n lhut.z. Make sure you type the filename
correct. If it's always the three files for a given event you want to read,
then a
r $1$.e $1$.n $1$.z
would be enough. Then you just have to give the argument once and all three
files will be read. (Assuming the extensions are always .e .n .z)

It would be helpful to give the exact error message, because "it won't read
the files" can mean a lot of things.

Good luck,
Andreas