[SAC-HELP] Re: Passing commands to SAC using sac<<eof

andreas wessel awbochum at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 18:29:11 PDT 2006

Hi,

I still could not solve this one, but I heard from someone else who has the
same problem.
I just found out that it works with Sac 100.0 but not with 100.1.

sac << eof
funcgen seis
w test
eof

I get the file on my harddisk and end up back in my terminal with sac 100,
but if i try the above with sac 100.1 it does not work.

On 10/10/06, andreas wessel <awbochum at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to pass some commands to SAC with <<
> But all I get is the SAC startup lines:

I'm passing the commands to sac through a file now. The downsite of this is
that you have to create a file for every operation that is done in sac.

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/sac /seismo/macros/test.init $1     <------- here I'm passing
the sac commands in test.init
# end of test
exit 0

Is there any way to make the command passing work in Sac 100.1?

Thanks,
Andreas