[SAC-HELP] colour in sac2000 under linux

Steve Sherburn S.Sherburn at gns.cri.nz
Tue Sep 12 15:11:30 PDT 2006

Does anyone have a work around for the problem of getting colour in
sac2000 under linux? This is particularly a hassle with the spectrogram
command where you cannot see the spectrogram at all. If I issue the
command "spectrogram gray" I get an error

spectrogram gray
Window size: 79  Overlap: 39  FFT size: 256
Spectrogram dimensions are 512  by 23 .
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  72 (X_PutImage)
  Serial number of failed request:  67

I am running Fedora Core 3. A colleague running Fedora Core 5 got a
similar error message with the "spectrogram color" command.

Many thanks,

SS

Steven Sherburn
GNS Science