[SAC-HELP] sacio.a for Intel Mac

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Wed Sep 13 05:25:04 PDT 2006

Georgia,

IRIS has two SAC packages: compiled versions for different OS (mac, linux,
solaris) and a version with source code and makefiles.  The top directory
in the binaries-only is ./sac and there ;is no ./sac/src.  The top
directory in the more complete package is ./SAC, and the Makefile is in
.SAC/src.  (This is all discussed in ./SAC/Readme.buildsac.)  From what
you say, you have the binaries-only distribution.

The error messages indicates that sacio.a is not being accessed.  As you
are on an intel mac and the pre-built binaries and sacio.a were built on a
non-intel mac, even if you have sacio.a in your library path, it probably
will not work.  (I do not have access to an intel mac, so do not know
exactly how far rosetta goes in allowing one on Intel mac to use things
built on non-intel mac.)

Kevin's report is good news -- that it is possible to build sac from
sources on intel mac and get it to work.  That is the first report I have
heard along these lines.

Arthur