[SAC-HELP] Re: sac-help Digest, Vol 15, Issue 7

jim at okgeosurvey1.gov jim at okgeosurvey1.gov
Thu Sep 14 10:04:04 PDT 2006

My experience with many versions of SAC on SUNOS, Solaris
and SuSe Linux is that neither SAC macros, nor SAC data
files require an extention. I use macro names with no extention
and .sac for data, but the .sac is only needed because I
have written file manipulation and auto ftp programs
(in expect, bash, perl) to expect it.

Jim Lawson
Oklahoma Geological Survey Observatory
Leonard OK