[SAC-HELP] macros

Talal Merghelani talalmg1 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 11:01:56 PDT 2006

Hi

  thank you for Sonoke and Megan for your vailuble reply. actaully, i have succeeded running the macros and make it exceutable. but, after execution the macros i have got the following error message:

  talal at clover:[7]%% mystuff2
mystuff2: READ: not found
mystuff2: MUL: not found
mystuff2: FFT: not found
mystuff2: BG: not found
mystuff2: PSP: not found

  and even when just to try  follow the manual. the command macro...not working for me ..!! i'm wondering may that because, i'm using an old version 0.58 of SAC2000.
  actaully, its not hat imopratnt unless the macros it self could work fine without the word macro...!!

  talal at clover:[8]%% macro mystuff2
macro: Command not found

  by the way, i have put the macros on different directory for example, /export/home/talal/macros.
  than, which we can called it default path for macros as megan say's /home/sac/aux/macros ..

  is this seems the problems or what's going on exaclty..?
  why this error message happen to me...!!??

  any idea?

  thank you
  Talal

Arthur Snoke <snoke at vt.edu> wrote:
  I confess I have not thought very much about macros, because a technique
I have used for several generations of sac seems to work.

I have made up an "init.m" file that runs when I start sac. I do this by
creating an alias for sac:

equake{snoke}451: alias sac
/usr/local/bin/sac /usr/local/macros/Randy/macros/init.m
equake{snoke}452: cat /usr/local/macros/Randy/macros/init.m
* SAC macro to intitialize environment each time SAC2000 is started.
*echo on
*******RANDY'S SAC ENVIRONMENT*********
setmacro /usr/local/macros/Randy/macros
window 1 x 0.00 1.00 y 0.30 0.92
*fg
*lh columns 2
sc echo "To get header values in two columns, use lh columns 2"
qdp 10000
xdiv power off
xlabel 'SECONDS'
ylabel l r 'EAST NORTH VERTICAL'
ylabel off
*echo off
equake{snoke}453:

I suggest trying to upgrade from sac2000 to the newer versions if you can
get them either through IRIS or asking LLNL for the binary version.