[SAC-HELP] SAC installation under Cygwin

John Townend John.Townend at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Apr 10 16:14:46 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

I'm away from my home base for several months, and have switched to using Cygwin on my laptop.  I'd like to install SAC, but I can't find much reference to Cygwin in the sac-help archives, which suggests that what I'm trying to do is either straightforward or completely intimidating.

Has someone out there successfully installed SAC under Cygwin and worked out what extra packages are necessary?  I've set OSTYPE to 'linux' (because 'cygwin' isn't an option), but 'make' ends part-way through and it's not clear to me how fundamental the problem is.

Thanks for your advice,
John.

John Townend
EQC Fellow in Seismic Studies
School of Geography, Environment, and Earth Sciences
Victoria University of Wellington
P.O. Box 600
Wellington 6015
New Zealand

(Sabbatical address until 17 September 2007)
Geological Survey of Canada
Pacific Geoscience Centre
9860 West Saanich Road
Sidney, BC, V8L 4B2