[SAC-HELP] help on installing SAC in a x86_64-linux

Brian Savage savage at uri.edu
Tue Feb 27 13:03:49 PST 2007

Xinlei

As noted before, SAC is not supported on 64 bit platforms.

However, a number of different people, I believe, have had success
compiling SAC on 64 bit machines by forcing it to be 32 bit using
compiler options.  Try compiling with something like -m32 when using
gcc.

In its current form, SAC will not run properly in 64 bit mode due to
different type sizes on 32 and 64 bit machines.

Cheers,
Brian Savage
savage at uri.edu