[SAC-HELP] (no subject)

Kenneth Macpherson kenneth_a_macpherson at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 08:31:57 PDT 2008

Hello all,
I have acceleration data in the Kinemetrics event file format (.evt) that I have converted to SAC using the companies K2SAC program.  I am now going through the process of correcting the data and to be honest, this is my first attempt at this sort of thing!  I have removed the mean and instrument response using RMEAN and TRANSFER, respectively.  Now the waveforms look correct except that the amplitudes are orders of magnitude too high!  Is there some kind of amplitude scaling step that I have missed?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ken

Kenneth A. Macpherson
Doctoral Candidate