[SAC-HELP] writing blackboard and header values to ascii

Kris Walker walker at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 1 14:28:40 PST 2008

Hi Dylan,

It's been awhile since I used SAC, but a workaround for the header
values is to write to an ascii file using "write alpha test.txt",
then execute a unix command to grab from that new file header the
values you want and redirect them to another ascii file like this "sc
sed -n 2p test.txt | awk '{print $3}' > valued_data.txt && rm -rf
test.txt".  A kludge, but this approach will work.  One thing about
this though, you have to figure out how to escape SAC interpretation
of certain characters.  I forget the escape sequence(s) required to
make that command work from within SAC.  You could also however write
a shell script that essentially is this line, then call that shell
script with the sc command from within SAC instead, after the alpha
write.  Good luck.

kris