[SAC-HELP] poles & zeroes

Robert Casey rob at iris.washington.edu
Thu Feb 28 11:48:00 PST 2008

	Hi Januka-

	You can generate SAC poles and zeroes files from IRIS DMC's dataless
SEED (station metadata) files using our 'rdseed' tool.

	Please refer to this web page on requesting dataless SEED from IRIS
DMC:
	http://www.iris.edu/data/dataless.htm

	You can get our rdseed tool from here:
	http://www.iris.edu/manuals/#rdseed
	If you use Windows, then try Jrdseed instead:
	http://www.iris.edu/manuals/#jrdseed

	Basically, you read in the dataless file as input, select SAC as the
output format, and when it asks to output Poles and Zeroes, you say
yes to that.  You should get a bunch of PZ files as a result.

	Hope that helps,

	-Rob