[SAC-HELP] Connecting problem with Matlab

Ravi S. Jakka rjakka at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 4 11:54:03 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I have the problem in using 'mat' command in SAC. I am trying to fix the problem since a
week, but could able to succeed. Can any one help me ???
My problem is as follows:

When I try to connect to matlab from sac using mat, the following error is appearing

SAC> mat
ERROR 8002: Cannot link to MATLAB shared object:

According to SAC installation instructions (Readme file), we need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include matlab shared object libraries.

	[From SAC Readme file:
	If you have matlab 5.0 on solaris, set LD_LIBRA:RY_PATH to include
	Malta shared object libraries:
	setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/local/matlab/extern/lib/sol2]

But it does not say any thing specific to MAC OSX which I am using.

I have set LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable as follows:

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /Applications/MATLAB_R2007b/extern/lib/maci/
  as there are no other folders in lib folder.

I have even tried setting up this variable to different folders like
	setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /Applications/MATLAB_R2007b/bin/maci
		where many .dylib files are located.

But none of them worked out, same error is appearing all the times. Please help me out.