[SAC-HELP] SAC libraries - more detail & more complication

Brian Savage savage at uri.edu
Mon Mar 10 12:58:44 PDT 2008

Fiona

There are old version of libsac.a floating around, these are
generally 10.6d(f) versions.
The older library should include the kidate, xapiir, and getfil.

The libraries included with the most recent versions of SAC do not
include these subroutines.
What is included is only routines which read and write portions of
sac and blackboard variable files.
These function include, as you have stated: get*hv, set*hv, rsac* and
wsac*.

The functionality of rsach should be available through the rsac*
command.  The rsach command only read
in the SAC header and not the data.  If you can live with reading in
the data as well as the header, you can change
to this function.  The function rsach does not exist in the current
SAC source code.

Access to the kidate, xapiir, and getfil is not simple and not
supported under the current state of the SAC code base.

Cheers
Brian Savage