[SAC-HELP] Install SAC

James Wookey j.wookey at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 22:09:50 PDT 2008

Dear Donny,

It looks like you don't have the X11 libraries installed. This is an
optional install in Leopard, and should be on your Leopard DVD. See:

http://www1.gly.bris.ac.uk/~wookey/MEFTLG/index.htm

for some extra detail if you need it. However, there is an easier
option for the Mac user! You can also use MacSAC, which is an easy to
install, extra featured binary version for intel and powerpc Macs
which is developed and maintained by George Helffrich. It also has a
native Mac graphics device. See:

http://www1.gly.bris.ac.uk/~george/sac-bugs.html

to download it. I still recommend you install X11 as well, however.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

James

On 10 Oct 2008, at 23:48, Donny T Dangkua (dtdngkua) wrote:

> Hello,
> I’m trying to install SAC in my MacBook (OSX 10.5),
> I have problem after I run the configure (./configure) when I type
> ‘make’, the result like shown below:
>
> Making all in libedit
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> Making all in utils
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> Making all in src
> gcc     -I../inc -I../libedit/include   -o sac  main/sac.o -L.
> libsac_all.a libevalresp.a libSMnonOracleFuncs.a
> libSacOracleStubFuncs.a    -lX11 ../libedit/lib/libedit.a -ldl -lm -
> lncurses
> ld: library not found for -lX11
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [sac] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> Can you tell me what’s the problem and how to solve it?
> I’m sorry if it’s just a basic question.
> Thank you.
>
> Donny

: James Wookey
: Department of Earth Sciences