[SAC-HELP] NetBSD falling foul of SAC's toupper/tolower macros

Kevin.Buckley at mcs.vuw.ac.nz Kevin.Buckley at mcs.vuw.ac.nz
Mon Sep 29 19:43:17 PDT 2008

Hello Kuang He

> I've reported the same problem a couple of weeks ago, and provided a
> patch.
>
> http://www.iris.washington.edu/pipermail/sac-dev/2008-September/000088.html

I knew I wouldn't be the first to have seen this but didn't think it
would be so recent.

I wonder why my search did not throw your post up. I think I must have
assumed it must be NetBSD specific (only recently started using that
platform) so searched with the term NetBSD rather than just BSD.

I don't think I had found sac-dev either ?

> This should be fixed in the next version.

Sounds like the inclusion of <ctype.h> is the way to go, rather than
removing the macros for those few systems that don't have the system
calls.

Thanks for the feedback,
Kevin