[SAC-HELP] Compiling SAC with Matlab in Linux

ayuch ayuch at emsd.ru
Wed Dec 2 23:08:23 PST 2009

Hi,
I tried to compile SAC with Matlab in Linux, but something was going wrong.
Would you be so kind to explain me, what I do incorrectly?
What is the reason of a line "checking for library containing
engOpen... no" and "checking for Matlab libraries... Not Found"?

Here is my file today.build:
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... none
checking for tgoto in -lncurses... yes
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking /home/nastya/Matlab/extern/include/matrix.h usability... yes
checking /home/nastya/Matlab/extern/include/matrix.h presence... yes
checking for /home/nastya/Matlab/extern/include/matrix.h... yes
checking for library containing engOpen... no
checking for "/home/nastya/Matlab/bin/matlab"... yes
checking for Matlab libraries... Not Found
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) none
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for X... libraries , headers
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for inttypes.h... (cached) yes
checking limits.h usability... yes
checking limits.h presence... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking whether termios.h defines TIOCGWINSZ... no
checking whether sys/ioctl.h defines TIOCGWINSZ... yes
checking for sin in -lm... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for lround... yes
checking for fmin... yes
checking for fmax... yes
checking for tolower... yes
checking for toupper... yes
checking for strtof... yes
checking for setenv... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating utils/Makefile
config.status: creating libedit/Makefile
config.status: creating t/Makefile
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating inc/config.h
configure:

Compliation Options for sac (Seismic Analysis Code 101.3b)

CFLAGS         =
LDFLAGS        =
LIBS           = -ldl -lm -lncurses
Debug          = -g
Optimization   =
Database       = on
Matlab         = off
X11-buffer     = on
X11-depth      = on
X_LIBS         =
X_CFLAGS       =
Readline       = off
Editline       = on
Install Base   = /usr/local/sac
System         = linux_x86 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

To compile sac type make
--
 Тhanks in advance.
 Chebrova Nastya                          mailto:ayuch at emsd.ru