[SAC-HELP] sacio.a on 64 bit machines

Sebastian Heimann sebastian.heimann at zmaw.de
Fri Feb 27 01:45:18 PST 2009

Hi!

Because I had the same Problem, I wrote a little sacio module in
Python, which does not depend on sacio.a. Of course this won't solve
the general problem of the 32 bit sacio.a, but maybe it is of interest
to those who only want to be able to read and write some SAC files
from Python.

BTW, -m32 also does not solve the problem, because in a large
application, which uses lots of libraries, all of these libs would
have to be compiled with -m32, which is not always easy. Also -m32
limits the amount of memory the app can address, which prohibits the
most interesting applications.

Cheers,
Sebastian