[SAC-HELP] sacio.a for 64 bit Linux

Sebastian Heimann sebastian.heimann at zmaw.de
Thu Jan 15 03:26:09 PST 2009

Hi!

> Try compiling the fortran code with the -m32 option.

If you are lucky, this might work, but when I had the same problem, I
had to drop SAC IO support from my application, because of 2 reasons:
(1) My app uses more memory than I can address on 32 bit systems and (2)
I would have had to recompile every other library, which my app depends
on also with -m32. For small programs this is the way to go, but for
large ones this can lead to much frustration.

As far as i know, there is at least a SAC input routine in PQL2 which
compiles on 64 bit Linuxes. I have not tried to use it, but maybe this
would be a solution until SAC is rewritten for 64 bit.

Cheers,
Sebastian