[SAC-HELP] Header Calculations

Anna Courtier courtiam at jmu.edu
Tue Jun 16 08:31:10 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have some SAC files and need az, baz, dist, and gcarc in the
headers. The event and station locations are already in the headers
and LCALDA = TRUE.  With LCALDA=TRUE, I think the az, baz, etc should
be automatically calculated and put into the headers, but this is only
the case for about half of the data files. Switching LCALDA to false
does not change anything, and resetting the LCALDA  to true does not
fix the problem either.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  There
is no obvious pattern for which files work and which do not.

I'm working with SEISMIC ANALYSIS CODE [02/05/2008 (Version 101.1)] on
Mac OS X.

Thanks,
ANNA