[SAC-HELP] how to rotate R T comp into N E ?

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Mon Jun 29 07:23:05 PDT 2009

In the help command for rotate, there are options for rotating "to" and
"through" a fixed angle.  It would be easy to write a macro that could
give you back the N and E components.  I would do test cases to make sure
it works correctly for you.

Here is a macro I use to do the "normal" rotation:

r $1$.n $1$.e
rtr
rotate to gcp
write $1$.r $1$.t
r $1$.r
chnhdr kcmpnm "radial"
write over
r $1$.t
chnhdr kcmpnm "trnsvers"
write over

If it is named rotaate.m, one calls it for  abc.n and abc.e using