[SAC-HELP] Datagen is not working

Brian Savage savage at uri.edu
Mon Mar 16 06:03:09 PDT 2009

Dear Amarjeet Kumar

The datagen command at some time in the past required data from LLNL.
This data was and is not distributed with SAC.  If you need seismic
data you
can use the "funcgen seismogram" command.  It will generate a
seismogram for
you without any extra data.

I will guess you will have a difficult time getting the data from
LLNL as they do not
support SAC now.  The distribution is being handled by IRIS.

If you really need to data within datagen, I am sure we can find an
old distribution somewhere
which contains the data associated with this command.

Brian Savage