[SAC-HELP] BBFK alphanumeric output from SAC

George Helffrich george at gly.bris.ac.uk
Thu May 14 02:13:10 PDT 2009

Dear All -

	This is one of the darker areas of SAC (in the sense of
documentation).  The reference cited in the code for the method is
this:

Nawab, SH, FU Dowla, and RT Lacoss, Direction determination of wideband
signals, IEEE Trans. Acous. Speech Sig. Proc., 33: (5), 1114-1122,
1985.

	The WAVENUMBER parameter is a value in reciprocal kilometers, and is
the maximum value that defines the extent of the X-Y grid of returned
values.

	Assuming familiarity with reading SAC XYZ files, the value at every
spatial point should be the F-K value, transformed by the method
chosen:  MLM, Music or PDS.  MLM and Music will transform the F-K value
to its reciprocal on output.  PDS does no transformation.