[SAC-HELP] READTABLE question

Konstantia Makra makra at itsak.gr
Tue Nov 10 02:54:41 PST 2009

You may try this

readtable free content XN file_a.txt

I have tried it on my SAC for MAC OS Version 101.2 and it works for
the given data in your email.

However, check your data and especially the time column it seems to me
that the time is the same
for all time steps .

If "readtable" command still doesn't work, check the sac version you
use.

On 10 Νοε 2009, at 2:12 ΠΜ, Januka Attanayake wrote:

> Hi,
> I used READTABLE function as follows but have been getting ERROR
> 1301: No data files read in.
>
> READTABLE CONTENT P. file_a.txt
> Also, I tried XN . in the place of P. without any luck.
>
> file_a.txt (in the same directory) looks like this with column 1
> being time and column 2 being amplitude,
>
> 1.23E+003 1.40E-010
> 1.23E+003 1.10E-010
> 1.23E+003 8.18E-011
> 1.23E+003 5.43E-011
> 1.23E+003 2.80E-011
> 1.23E+003 3.23E-012
>
> READTABLE should be a simple operation (right?). Could someone
> please point out what I am missing here? Any help is much appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Januka.
>
> Serenity isn't freedom from the storm, but peace within the storm
> Januka Attanayake
> Solid Earth Geophysics & Economics
> The University of Connecticut
> Beach Hall - U2045
> 354, Mansfield Rd;
> Storrs, CT 06269
> Tel :  860 486 0475 (Office)
>           860 486 3914 (Lab - P405)

Konstantia MAKRA
Dr Civil Engineer
Soil Dynamics Division
Institute of Engineering Seismology & Earthquake Engineering (ITSAK)
e-mail: makra at itsak.gr