[SAC-HELP] problemin reading sac header

Santanu Baruah santanubaruah2007 at rediffmail.com
Thu Apr 8 01:46:41 PDT 2010

Dear Sir,

Please find a sac file. When I try to read its header information by typing "lh", the programme donot allow me to see the header information. It gives "ERROR 1301: No data files read in." , though I use the command "r" for reading the sac file before typing "lh". Interestingly the header information of the same file can be seen in an another system where Centos OS is there. In my case, I am using FEDORA 12. Is it a problem related to OS?

Please kindly see the problem and let me know how to overcome this problem.

I shall be highly obliged for your help.

With Best Regards
Santanu Baruah

Santanu Baruah
Geoscience Division
North East Institute of Science and Technology (Formerly RRL)
Jorhat-785006,Assam,India.
Mobile: +91 9435514805(M)