[SAC-HELP] Jordan Seismological Observatory (JSO)

Qasem dahbour eng.kasem at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 02:07:24 PST 2010

Dear Brian Savage

This is Jordan Seismological Observatory (JSO) eng. Qasem  in IT department
,Mr.Tim give us your email

I need your help regard installation and configuration of SAC   , please
find below all information which you can help us with :

OS: Virtual Box Image - CentOS-4.7-KDE-Desktop ,and we tried also in actual
CentOS-4.7 KDE Desktop OS (we have Two laptops Installation)

SAC package : SAC Linux 64 Bit ( Which you have sent for us)

My steps :

 Your Step Description

My step

Done/Pending

Note

Extract Tar  SAC package

File Source : Setup.txt

I used terminal , then type following command :

tar -xzf sac-101.4-linux_x86_64.tar.gz

Done

The bath Which I did for Installation is user/local/SAC I login by Root
because second user doesn't have permission????

* Environment Setup

To set the path and other options for SAC, do the following:

For csh and tcsh, edit ~/.cshrc adding the lines

        setenv SACHOME /usr/local/sac

        source ${SACHOME}/bin/sacinit.csh

     After saving and exiting the file, enter

        source ~/.cshrc

File Source :SAC\README.txt

I don't know ,  maybe I did something wrong :

1-      I have opened \SAC\bin\sacinit.csh

Then Add  green lines inside it with the first lines ,then save and exit.

But I notice that

setenv SACHOME /usr/local/ is mentioned already there

2-      Step of yellow , by terminal

I type :

Sac> '/usr/local/sac/bin/ sacinit.csh/ .cshrc'

It gives me cant execute shell file.

Not Done

* Environment Setup

Next :

  For bash, edit ~/.bashrc adding the lines

        export SACHOME=/usr/local/sac

        source ${SACHOME}/bin/sacinit.csh

    After saving and exiting the file, enter

        source ~/.bashrc

File Source :SAC\README.txt

I don't know ,  maybe I did something wrong :

1-      I have opened \SAC\bin\sacinit.sh

Then Add  green lines inside it with the first lines ,then save and exit.

But I notice that

setenv SACHOME /usr/local/ is mentioned already there

2-      Step of yellow , by terminal

I type :

Sac> '/usr/local/sac/bin/ sacinit.sh/ .cshrc'

It gives me cant execute shell file

Not Done

* Initialization file

I stopped  here , I didn't know , is it important to do , where if I do
above step , can I run SAC ,then use manual for configuration and do more
things

Not done

Not done

* User manual

Not Done

Not Done

Note : Also If I use line by line in  sacinit.csh to execute in
console/Terminal  it gives me

bash : setenv ; command line not found

Thanks

Qasem