[SAC-HELP] ppk?

Milton P. Plasencia Linares mplasencia at ogs.trieste.it
Mon Jan 25 10:12:19 PST 2010

Hi,

First, see the tutorial of Zhigang Peng (Other Basic tools - Phase Pick item)

http://geophysics.eas.gatech.edu/classes/SAC/

Then, try this commands:

Generate a file for the picks, use the command: touch picks

   sac        % run SAC
funcgen      % generate impulse function, (here read your time series).
oapf picks   % Open the file where will be written the picks
ppk          % Pick the signal of your interest, use the commands of the
                   Peng tutorial, x and left click for zoom, p and s,
and then q
                   on the window for quit of the ppk.
capf picks   % close the picks file. (important)

In the file picks will be written the information of the picking
including the amplitude.
Read the man pages for PPK. (help ppk)

You can extract the amplitude of the file picks using awk command.

Cheers,

**********************************
Milton P. PLASENCIA LINARES

Dipartimento Centro di Ricerche Sismologiche
Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale - OGS

Borgo Grotta Gigante 42/C
(34010) Sgonico - TRIESTE - ITALIA
Tel: +39-040-2140305
Fax: +39-040-327307

E-mail: mplasencia at ogs.trieste.it

ASAIN (Antarctic Seismographic Argentinean Italian Network)