[SAC-HELP] I can't install SAC-101.3b on cygwin in windows 7

Andreas Wuestefeld andy.wuestefeld at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jun 1 07:27:37 PDT 2010

Dear Isaac, Aldo

I have lately had to install CYGWIN & SAC on several WIN7 computers, and
I cannot reproduce the error. I assume you have a Win7 system with admin
previliges, and use the latest release of CYGWIN (ver1.7.x)?

Win7 has a rather strict permission policy, which sometimes results in
files opened/upacked under windows are not accesible in cygwin. a
"chmod" ususally helps

I suggest that you unpack and untar the sac-101.3b-cygwin.tar.gz under
cygwin and not Windows

check manually if the install-sh exists in sac-101.3b/config

hope that helps
Andy

--
Dr. Andreas Wüstefeld, Dept. Earth Sciences, Univ. Bristol (UK)
http://seis.bris.ac.uk/~glxaw/