[SAC-HELP] HELP!

Megan E Torpey torpey3 at tcnj.edu
Mon Jun 21 12:00:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm having a SAC problem. I'm running a program to digitize paper seismograms. My digitization program saves the files I create as .SAC files. I got  one digitized and saved it as .SAC but when I tried to read the file into SAC I got the following error:

  ERROR 1318: Header in disk file is out of date:  myfile

  Header version number is incorrect.

  Header seems byte-swapped—byte-swap file and retry.

I looked up sac help online and I got : http://www.iris.washington.edu/pipermail/sac-help/2010-March/000711.html but that didn't work =(  SAC is telling me that sactosac -m is not a valid command.  I would really appreciate any help/ideas asap.

Thanks,
Megan Torpey