[SAC-HELP] Header seems byte-swapped -- byte-swap file and retry

Shahar Kadmiel שחר קדמיאל kadmiel at bgu.ac.il
Mon Mar 15 14:50:59 PDT 2010

I have some SAC files produced by a code running on Linux (CentOS)
with Xeon processors and when I try to read them from within SAC I get

ERROR 1318: Header in disk file is out of date: (name of file)
Header version number is incorrect.
Header seems byte-swapped -- byte-swap file and retry

I am using MacSAC which I thought doesn't care if the file is little
or big endian.
I cannot find the sacswap tool that apparently is distributed with
MacSAC.

The same code running on SUN machines produces SAC files which I have
no problem reading.

What to do?