[SAC-HELP] a problem while downsampling sac data with decimate

weitao wang wangwtustc at gmail.com
Tue May 25 18:13:10 PDT 2010

Thanks Milton for quick reply.

Since in our later data processing the phase plays an important role, I am
wondering if the interp or decimate will keep the phase in low freqency, for
example  lower than 0.4Hz. It seems that the decimate cmd performs an
anti-alias filter, but document on interp does not show that. By comparing
the origin data and interped and decimated ones in a short time gap, say two
seconds, we may find all the decimated data points can be found in the
origin data but interped one adds some new points different from ori data.

So will interp pre-filter the origin data to low frequency just same as
decimate cmd ? Are both "phase-keeping" cmd ?

thanks again for all your suggestions

weitao