[SAC-HELP] a problem while downsampling sac data with decimate

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Thu May 27 11:23:16 PDT 2010

Based on looking at the code, I can confirm that interpolate does not
itself have the capability of running an anti-aliasing filter.  You would
have to do that first yourself.

Sometimes one wants to increase the number of points.  In some
applications I increased npts to be an exact power of 2.

If you want to compare the effects of interpolate and decimate, here is a
suggestion.  (I have not tried it, so ...)

Take a file for which you have a RDSEED RESP file and use the evalresp
response in transfer with FREQLIMITS set to filter the low frequencies
but not the high.  That will give you a lot of amplitude at high
frequencies in the saved file.

Take that file and apply interpolate and decimate separately and compare
the outputs.